When I first started monetizing my websites using Google Adsense I was surprised that there wasn’t an obvious way to see which pages were generating my income. This seemed like a critical piece of information for any blogger or site owner!
Of course, there is a way to get this information, but it not given to you on a silver platter, although it’s much easier than it used to be. Here’s how to do it.
- First, you’ll need a Google Analytics account. So, sign up for one if you don’t already have one and set up your site with the standard Analytics tracking code if it doesn’t have it already.
- Log into your Google Analytics account and click “Admin”.
- In the “Property” column, click “AdSense Linking”.
- Select your AdSesne property and click “Adsense for Content”, then Continue.
- You’ll have to wait a day for the change to take effect.
- Then, go back into the Analytics account for your site.
- In the left column, click “Behavior”, then click “Publisher”. (This is what threw me off… It wasn’t obvious to me that “Publisher” meant “Adsense”).
- Click “Overview” and you should see your top ten pages’ Adsense earnings! There are more options available.
That’s it! If you haven’t done this yet, I highly recommend it. If you want to maximize your site’s advertising revenue, it is critical to know which pages are generating your income! Hope this helps! – Brian